- Information Collected On-Line and Its Usage
1.1 PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
When you register an account with us, we will process personal information such as:-
(1) your name, username, email address and internet protocol (IP) address;
(2) financial information such as your credit card number and billing address.
The personal information as required herein (unless stated otherwise) is obligatory on you and if you fail to provide any information, you will not be able to register an account with us or purchase any of our products through the Portal.
Additional information that identifies you personally may be collected through any comments, inquiries or suggestions submitted through the Portal.
Any personal information that you share with us will be used for limited purposes, including:-
(1) provide, maintain, protect and improve the Portal, to develop new services, and to protect ourselves and our users;
(2) manage your account and provide you with customer support;
(3) develop and display content tailored to your interests on the Portal;
(4) enforce any Terms and Conditions between us;
(5) research purposes including historical and statistical purposes;
(6) general operation and maintenance of the Portal including audit;
(7) provide you with regular communications (other than direct marketing materials) from us relating to the Portal; and
(8) investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement.
We may share your personal information with: –
- members of our group of companies, including holding company, subsidiary company, associate company and related company (in Malaysia and in overseas) for the purpose of developing new products, services or portals that are developed by our members;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programmes, monitoring of user behavior on the Portal and the processing of payments for any products or services);
- third parties (including those overseas) who provide data processing services;
- any credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, any debt collection agencies; and
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality which has undertaken to keep such data confidential, which we have engaged to fulfill our obligations to you.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, customers, or the public. If such information is disclosed we would, if allowed by law, inform you of the disclosure.
If we are merged or acquired by another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity as a part of the merger or acquisition.
Your access to most services and content is password protected. It is recommended that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Bumitouchplmc will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You should not disclose your user name and password to others. In addition, if applicable, you should remember to sign out of your Bumitouchplmc account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work. A final precaution would be to clear the browser cache after the session. The cache stores files that you have accessed and may allow another to view your legal research or personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. All such transmission of information is carried out at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we will make best efforts to ensure its security in our systems.
1.2 E-MAIL ADDRESSES
We collect e-mail addresses as part of providing services. We may send you e-mails from time-to-time for customer service or our own marketing purposes. In no circumstances is your e-mail address shared, sold or given to any third party without your consent.
1.3 AGGREGATE INFORMATION
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our services, whether you have an account or not. For instance, we may collect various forms of click stream information such as IP address information, entry and exit points for the Portal (i.e., referring to URLs or domains), search terms, site traffic, page views, impressions, operating system and browser type. Such aggregate information generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you. If we do correlate any aggregate information to you specifically, we will do so for our internal use only and will not disclose such information to any other unauthorised third party. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all aggregate information, provided that, such information does not personally identify you.
We may make use of “cookies” on the Portal. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user’s computer by the Web server through a user’s browser. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from your computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the Portal that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customise, monitor, or regulate the use of the Portal based on information stored in the cookie or host server. Therefore, cookies allow us to automate access and data entry functions of the Portal such as login information, correlate online ordering information for purchases you may make while at the Portal (if any), tailor the Portal to your preferences or interests, or customise promotions or marketing. In addition, cookies allow us to track usage of the Portal to determine those areas of the Portal that are useful or popular and those that are not, thereby enabling us to improve and update the Portal effectively.
1.5 ADVERTISING SERVICES AND PROFILING
Bumitouchplmc does not carry advertisements but in the event that we do in the future we will not supply and will not permit advertising services on the Portal to directly collect any personally identifying information; however, in some cases, IP address information may be referred to an advertising service servicing advertisements on the Portal.
- Links to Other Portals
- Updating and Access to Your Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you have on the Portal is the most up-to-date information as possible. We may retain transactional history in order to document a transaction you may have had with us or other users.
However, we reserve the right to decline to process requests which in our opinion may jeopardize the security and privacy of the personal information of others as well as requests which are impractical or not made in good faith.
Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may contact us in writing. For avoidance of doubt, the limitation does not include processing of mandatory personal data.
- Questions, Concerns or Complaints
Customer Relations Executive
Tel: +603-4051 1139
Fax: +603-4051 0139
Updated as at 31.5.2016